Did I Miss Something? JB - Gone Awry

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kapolani, Nov 25, 2011.

1. kapolani macrumors regular

Tried to do a tethered JB on my iPhone 4 running IOS5.

Been jailbreaking since my 3G and never had problems.

Updated to IOS5 from a JB'd 4.2.1 because I wanted to see what advances were made. Ran IOS5 for a few months. Decided to JB IOS5 and ran into a slew of problems.

1) Apps installed from cydia wouldn't show up in 'Settings' allowing me to configure them. i.e. a simple app like Cyntact wouldn't work and couldn't get to it in settings.

2) The few apps I tried to install would crash to screen not even opening.

I used the latest Redsnow to JB. I could run cydia and it seemed to work properly. Just not the apps that I tried to install.

Had to update to 5.0.1 because I couldn't get the phone to work properly in it's faulty JB'd state. Settings would crash while even trying to access Apple native apps.

I know there is a tethered JB for IOS5.0.1 - I'm going to try and tether JB this latest build.

Just curious if I missed something during the JB process.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

there are many apps that still aren't working on 5.0 or 5.0.1 yet. there is a very nice thread about it here. and link to a database that is updated from time to time..

3. kapolani thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the link to working apps.

I still don't understand how it would affect Settings causing it to crash.

Probably going to stay on 5.0.1 until an untethered solution comes out. Things will stabilize then, hopefully.

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Cause it's not supporting iOS5 therefore it's crashing. What's so hard to understand?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

lolz ts there are even apps in the apple store that haven't updated yet. ;) Allot of jb devs are waiting for a untethered jailbreak.

6. kapolani thread starter macrumors regular

The native 'Settings' app shouldn't be affected. Even selecting 'Settings -> General' caused immediate return to springboard.

I understand the JB apps crashing because they aren't modified to work correctly with IOS5, but the native apps that are installed in IOS5 i.e. Settings shouldn't be affected at all.