Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrancoRumors

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
My wrist measures exactly 7 inches which converts to 178 mm. I ordered a large leather loop. My wrist size is right in the middle of many band sizes (I could have ordered either) Does anyone have any feedback or a pic showing how a large band will fit on my wrist size? Im hoping that i don't have too much extra band!!

Thanks in advance:cool:

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
My wrist measures exactly 7 inches which converts to 178 mm. I ordered a large leather loop. My wrist size is right in the middle of many band sizes (I could have ordered either) Does anyone have any feedback or a pic showing how a large band will fit on my wrist size? Im hoping that i don't have too much extra band!!

.. correct me if im wrong but i thought leather loop for large starts at 180mm,.. while medium starts at 150mm and ends at 180 and large picks up from 180 to 220 ? or something hang on

update: .. feel bad man your short 2mm Medium 150–185mm, Large 180–210mm

ronm99

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
FWIW, I measured my wrist to be a little over 180mm. When I tried on the watches at the Apple Store, and with the large leather loop on as tight as it would go, it still felt a little loose. I could have worn it, but it was not ideal.

I tried on the medium leather loop, and it fit perfectly.

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
FWIW, I measured my wrist to be a little over 180mm. When I tried on the watches at the Apple Store, and with the large leather loop on as tight as it would go, it still felt a little loose. I could have worn it, but it was not ideal.

I tried on the medium leather loop, and it fit perfectly.

That is music to my ears. This was my big worry about the leather loop.

How much strap overlap was there on the medium. Did it look OK?

Glene

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Ft Lauderdale
I asked this question to a person who tried on med and lg loops, with a 175 approx mm wrist, his answer the large would be much too big.

I have a 178 wrist, blue med loop lordered.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
I asked this question to a person who tried on med and lg loops, with a 175 approx mm wrist, his answer the large would be much too big.

I have a 178 wrist, blue med loop lordered.

160 here and order blue medium also . here me with blue med
attachment.php

well least he's not going to be like this guy... lm** :D
attachment.php

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
160 here and order blue medium also . here me with blue med

Thanks a ton for that first pic, I have ~153mm wrists and was concerned the medium size might be a bit too loose. By that photo it looks like there's still a lot of tightening room – am I right?

blah35

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
My wrist is right around 180mm. I tried on the large leather loop today, and it went right to the end to be snug, but still felt nice and didn't overlap or anything.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
Thanks a ton for that first pic, I have ~153mm wrists and was concerned the medium size might be a bit too loose. By that photo it looks like there's still a lot of tightening room – am I right?

Not to blow your bubbles, but best fit with that so it won't move or dance around when you move arms. But yes you can go maybe two more of those links but it would be tight as heck lol.

NAYo2002

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011

I have 175mm wrist and the large leather loop I tried on was way too big. It was actually extending past the watch.

FrancoRumors

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks all, looks like i may be exchanging the band for a different size... assuming its allowed.

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
Not to blow your bubbles, but best fit with that so it won't move or dance around when you move arms. But yes you can go maybe two more of those links but it would be tight as heck lol.

I'm sorry, do you mean that it should be alright or not? Forgive me if I'm just not reading that right.

So far my bubbles are confused :D

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2012
So my wrist measures right at 180mm, like blah35, and similarly, the large leather loop wraps almost back up to the watch but not quite...

However, you will see the band wrap back around whenever you look at it, and that rather bugged me (YMMV).

I tried the medium length one, and I couldn't see it wrapping around when looking at the face, but it seemed a tad bit...well, short. It fit and seemed stable enough, but it left me feeling a bit uncertain about it.

OTOH, the slack left on the Milanese loop was about perfect w/rt size, but I don't want a metal one as my daily wear.

I really was hoping he leather loop would fit well (it was my first choice) but will probably not get it after all.

iLukeJoseph

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly I do think you ordered the wrong band. In sizing with anything that has a range you should always try to avoid being at one extreme or the other.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
I'm sorry, do you mean that it should be alright or not? Forgive me if I'm just not reading that right.

So far my bubbles are confused :D

let me blow your bubbles farther :p :D that fit in my picture is the best for my wrist, apple rep also said it was best fit but again if your one of those people that want to hold on to your stuff dearly close to your body then yes you can tighten it further but it would hurt tho lol and most likely leave marks for awhile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.