Did I reverse my Jailbreak correct?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KinecticEdge, Aug 1, 2010.

1. KinecticEdge macrumors newbie

Okay,

So I just thought I would post this as I want to completely reverse my Jailbreak of my iPhone 4 because I lost my ability to Facetime and also I want to keep my warranty intact. So if someone could just read the steps I took and confirm that I have removed all traces of the Jailbreak with the data from my iPhone that would be great.

It was my fault and I thought it would be cool to try it out with a friend and I'm no hacker or anything and just want my iPhone to be completely clean of the jailbreak so Apple or O2 doesn't find out.

1) I connected my iPhone to the computer.

2) I open preferences, went to Devices and deleted all my backup's.

3) I then turned my iPhone off and held the power and home button for 10 seconds and then released the power button until my computer said installing Apple DFU Mode.

4) iTunes prompted that iPhone was in Recovery Mode and I hit restore.

5) After the restore I set a new name for the phone (As there was no backups) and synced my Apps to the phone, I also updated the carrier settings again.

Also while I was in Cydia it prompted me to do something which I accepted, I read on the internet that it is Firmware Signature Caching or something simular. Is this going to affect my iPhone in anyway now that the Jailbreak is removed?

Also I installed some themes, so now that I have done all the steps to remove the Jailbreak I suppose they have been removed completely from my iPhone and shouldn't affect my iPhone in any way.

Thanks.

2. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

you are free of a jailbreak who knows why you wouldn't want it though its great

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

He already mentioned that FaceTime stopped working.

OP, you're in the clear. Deleting your backups was unnecessary. A simple restore while setting up as a new phone will remove all traces of a previous jailbreak.

4. KinecticEdge thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. Didn't know about Backups but I thought it might of backed up part of the jailbreak so it was just to be sure.

Thank again.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Even though I've often restored from a backup that was with a jailbroken phone and had no issues when taking a phone back to Apple it's a smart thing to do. Also helps to make sure no extra code or processes get swept in.

6. galgoz macrumors newbie

I did all that as well but then I installed an app from the app store (blizzard authenticator) and it detected that my phone was jailbroken. I have restored and updated my phone to the latest patch and it still says my phone is jailbroken... maybe you do need to delete your backups...:confused:

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

To completelly get rid of all JB traces you have to restore and setup as new phone. Dont restore from your JB backup.
    This thread is from last August btw.

8. ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

I use the blizz authenticator on a JB and I've never had such a message. What exactly does it say?