Did I screw up? Macbook LCD replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ohnoes, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ohnoes macrumors newbie

Hey all!

I'm worried I may have screwed up. I smashed the LCD on my early 2008 white macbook (penryn), so I ordered a replacement LCD and sat down to install it today.

I ordered a matte screen.

But the display cable doesn't fit ... the one on my new display is twice as wide and has more pins.

In case it helps, the details for what I bought are: 661-5069 13.3WXGA Group2 Matte 1 CCFL 9.78 shipping.

Did I screw up big time? Or can I just buy a different cable?

Thanks!

2. eman macrumors 6502a

I think that part number is for the unibody macbook (led) and not the Penryn (CCL) poly macbook; if this is the case, I'm sure it's not going to work. Do you have a link to where you bought it?
    Does your LCD look like the one listed here.

3. ohnoes thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,

This is the page I bought it from: purchase link

I'm a bit annoyed because I phoned them up and asked if all the screens on this page were compatible, and the lady said yes, just pick any one.

Edit! Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ohnoes thread starter macrumors newbie

OK I just sent them an email asking for a refund (since I asked for advice about what screen to buy from them before ordering, and they told me any of those would be fine!).

I don't think they work weekends, so I'll have to wait.

Unfortunately I'm going to Ireland Tuesday morning. Arrgh!

5. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Those are compatible you just need the connector piece. You plug the macbook display cable into the piece then the piece into the screen.

The LP133WX1-TLN2 and LP133WX1-TLP2 are both compatible. I have a bunch of converter pieces, unfortunately I need them for the LCDs that they go to. Ask them to send you that piece.

The LCD looks just as good as the regular LP133WX1-TLA1 that Apple installs.

The fact that they sent it out without the piece and that they would take it back before sending you the piece is proof those people are useless. I made the large mistake during a drought of buying from them in a jiffy, they're on my suppliers page in the negative column. If you don't mind I added a link to this thread on my site's suppliers page. Avoid laptopscreen1!