Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottasu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hello. I have a new 16gb. I jailbroke it last week using ziphone and after reading that iPlus is really the way to go I decided to restore and try jailbreaking it that way. I am on AT&T and have no desire to unlock. So I downloaded iPlus2.0b_JB.zip, extracted, closed iTunes and Itunes helper, and in the terminal got to the desktop directory and typed Iplus -j.

I thought this command was only suppose to jailbreak the phone. By the screen said something like doing optional unlock on the second pass? After that it booted up for the second time to a screen with red bars and just seem to hang there?

So I unplugged the iphone and restored in iTunes doing the DFU method. I am worried I unlocked my phone and those messed up the boot loader? Could i have done this? I have restored in iTunes twice and can seem to use edge and wifi on the phone. Also youtube works. Am I over worrying? Really didnt want to unlock?

Sorry guys for the post but thanks for any help thrown my way. I guess I should have stuck to ziphone.

gwerhart0800

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Loveland, CO
You can check to see if it was unlocked by sticking someone else's SIM in the iPhone and see if it gets on the network. If you can do a restore via iTunes, then I would not worry.

spook

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2004
erm, there was no need to use iplus, ziphone would have being fine and as it wasn't a unlock the baseband would have being untouched

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.