Did I screw up?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BeeJee, May 9, 2012.

1. BeeJee macrumors 6502

Hey guys (and gals), I just put a reserve on an OCZ SSD at micro center and am wondering if I should back out due to potential problems. Have people been able to resolve the issues that seem to be all over the forums? I really wanted to go for the 200 dollar M4 SSD but didn't realize it was only available for such a short period of time. The thing I'm finding difficult to understand is the reviews seem to be decent online but it seems to be a hit or a terrible miss so I don't know how to feel. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Do you guys think micro center would honor the 200 dollar price for the M4? Thanks in advance. BTW I need/want an SSD by monday

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I use a OCZ Vertex 3 with the newest firmware on my 2011 MBP. No problems.

With OCZ SSD you cannot update firmware on MAC also users here have experienced problems.

Crucial m4 and Samsung 830 seemed to be the most reliable.

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

I'd go with the Samsung 830. Fast, reliable, and completely built by Samsung. I'm running a Samsung 470 now for several months now with no issues. Plan to get an 830 in the near future.

4. BeeJee thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I thought. When it comes to my storage I need (like most) something thats reliable. After all thats one of the perks of SSD's! Thanks for the input, I'm going to see if newegg is willing to grandfather me into that discount so wish me luck!