Hello Everyone. I wonder if I could trouble you for some advice. I've been using Macs since the early 90's. I still have a near mint Classic II, Imac Graphite G3 and still using a Imac G4 20" with a massive 1.25GB of ram ( yeah I know ). I use Windows on PC as well so not quite stuck in the dark ages. Not surprising, as unique and pretty as it is, the G4 is showing it's age. I long ago abandoned a new Imac as an alternative. I just cannot work with a glossy screen so a Mac Mini became the next move. Like many of you I've been waiting for the next refresh and was a little underwhelmed. The day after the announcement I found a new 2012 2.3 I7 with Mavericks I believe, for $200 NZD under the old list price ( probably around $740 USD on current exchange rate, formerly $900USD, we get reamed on Apple down here in NZ ). I've since bought 16gb of Crucial Ram to max it out and the plan was/is to throw in a SSD somewhere down the line probably once the warranty is up or if the 1TB HD is okay I'll stick with it and get Applecare at some point to get another 2 years. At this point both Mini and Ram are still sealed, unopened. I figured for future use just maybe the quad core option could be good to have if needed. Don't need extra TB slots so retaining Firewire is good because at some point I'm going to want to transfer HD DV video from tape to disc. I'm hoping iMovie will work well enough for this. My Canon camera uses Firewire for transfer. Going to hook it up to a Dell 2007WFP I've had sitting around. HDMI to DVI, hopefully it will look and work fine. Here is where the doubt creeps in. The GPU. I don't profess to know much about this side of things and this is my concern with the 2012. Is the HD4000 GPU going to be a big limiting factor in the coming years (you may have noticed I hold on to things for a while ). I do not game, no interest and for now the transfer of Video and whatever the web and OS require is all that will be asked of the GPU. Maybe some photography software down the line , PS or similar. So my question is should I stick with the 2012 with 16gb or look to sell it and spend a lot more money ( not desirable ) and buy the 2014 mid model with 16GB ( $250 USD down here for the extra 8gb from Apple ) and perhaps the 1TB Fusion since the ability to self upgrade has been largely lost with the new models. Think that about covers it, sorry about the short novel. My thanks for any advice offered.