Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I just ordered a 2.7ghz/16gb/256gb rMBP.

I do audio production.

technically for my purpose, 1680*1050 cMBP with dual drive setup should do better. because I can have faster drive config (raid0) and because the cpu needs less pixels and scaling to push to the screen.
On the other hand HDMI + dual TB really seemed like a swell idea. You can drive a 27" monitor via HDMI and still have two raid0 portable setups hooked to the TB port. Which is practically impossible on the cMBP, despite having internal drive setup you are extremely limited with external configs.

I also appreciate the smaller footprint since the uMBP 15" (2008) i have now with two drives is ****** heavy. Also yeah. I do like the Retina screen - guilty as charged.

I'm having 2nd thoughts still. And returning is PITA here as well.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
both work - you did well - you selected one option - some people never get past that decision

Hah. you're probably right. It's not like I'd be unhappy with either decision, going from a 2.53 c2d and HDD.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
It's already ordered for couple of days.
I'm having buyers remorse before even trying what I bought. Silly.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
It's already ordered for couple of days.
I'm having buyers remorse before even trying what I bought. Silly.

Don't let apple do this to you, buyers remorse is a sickness that apple tends give people due to them releasing new products all the live long while!

Though, every company does this, its often worst because apple make great products!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.