iPad mini Did iOS 11 break the Lightning Digital Video Adaptor?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by chriscrowlee, Sep 24, 2017.

1. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Interested in buying the adaptor that allows me to plug my iPad Mini 4 into a TV. The MD826AM/A, Lightning Digital Video Adaptor which converts the lightning port to HDMI to plug into a TV in a hotel room.

I'm reading the reviews on Best Buy, they're all good. However on Apple.com several people have commented that the adaptor doesn't work\isn't compatible with iOS 11.

Does anyone have this adaptor and can confirm if it works or doesn't work with iOS 11? I'd rather not buy it until I hear from someone(s) here.

Thanks!

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I've had no issues. Some apps I've heard won't let their content be played on bigger screens - maybe those folks encountered that.

3. chriscrowlee thread starter macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Great, thanks for the feedback! Wondering if GoodPlayer will work through it. I put all my videos in there then play them that way.

4. darkarn macrumors 6502a

I have no issues with my games for now, will be more than happy to update if there is any issues

5. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I believe these were apps you pay for the content in vs load content to.

6. chriscrowlee thread starter macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Just bought one and tried with GoodPlayer, Tivo, etc, and all work great. Wow these have come a long way since the early days haha. Thanks everyone!