did ios 6 solve heat issuse with ipad 3 ?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by safsofa24, Jul 18, 2012.

1. safsofa24 macrumors newbie

like the address or are there any solutions for this problem ???

2. basesloaded190, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

You need to stop making threads and asking the same question in multiple places.

There was never a heat problem with the iPad. People overreacted.

3. throys macrumors 6502

I havent seen this from day one but if you play like modern combat 3 or any big games after say 30 mins it will start to warm slightly., but that goes for any device and this happens to my iphone 4S also so its nothing to worry about unless in your case its very severe you should bring it back to apple to check for hardware problem

4. brylliant, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

The heat you get is normal from that larger battery and retina display. Its a hardware thing, not software so it won't get fixed with an update or something!
    Its not as hot as people say anyway. It's warm, I admit that though. Happens to my iPhone 4S too.

5. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I have no clue if the iPad you received was the latest batch, but personally, it's way too hot.
    I have smart case on, and I can even feel the heat running through the left side.
    Like others have said, this is a hardware issue, not software. Hopefully, when the new new iPad comes out, it will be fixed...

6. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Have you ever used a MacBook Pro? I'm using one now with only Safari and one tab open and its really hot to the touch.

Just because it runs hot doesn't mean anythings wrong with it, the iPad doesn't have fans so it uses the aluminum casing as a big heat sink pulling the heat away from the electronics inside. if apple made it so it was cool to the touch they would constantly overheat.

And yes its hotter then the iPad 1 and 2 but it has a Retina display bigger, CPU, GPU, and battery. That what happens when you put bigger better things in such a small place.

7. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Yes, I have used unibody MacBook Pro for 3years, and I know how hot it gets.

The problem is, it's the bottom left corner of the screen that beats up, not the back. It's believed (and confirmed by iFixit) that that's where A5X CPU/GPU is.
    Some people may just ignore it, but few sensitive people like me just tends to be more affected by it.

Honestly, I don't mind the screen heating up. It would have been better if it didn't, though c

8. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Yup that section gets nice and toasty when you game a bit and the other heat is caused to dual light bars which I suspect will go bye bye when Apple moves to more efficient display tech like IGZO.

9. seong macrumors 65816

seong

They should :)
    Well, the iPad is heating even when I'm browsing stuff.

10. safsofa24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Man if I typed it in many fourms why didn't you answer it !!!

----------

I know but in my iPad there is a problem ..thanks for your helping

----------

Yeah but I'm afraid that it affects badly on the ipad

----------

Did you mean that it solved it ??

----------

Ok.but that apple in the software they can fix the battery .

11. Skika macrumors 68030

12. barjam macrumors regular

I use my iPad 3 all the time and also play games. At absolute most it gets warm. Perhaps your is defective?

13. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

14. Sh4wN macrumors regular

Just for the sake of it... Yes. All fixed. :rolleyes:

And now be happy about your iPad. :D

15. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

Yes, I can confirm this:

iOS 6 adds a new cooling subroutine to the kernel which was mistakenly left out of iOS 5.

My iPad 3 now runs very cold! If anything, it may be a little too cold - you may get a little frosting and condensation if you live in a humid climate. But, this is a beta. They're still tweaking it and I'm sure it'll be perfect soon.

16. blarivee macrumors 6502

I was at the Apple store last weekend, and a few of the new iPads on display were a little toasty on the back.

17. Sh4wN macrumors regular

You're saying the diplayed iPads, probably already running for hours and hours, were warm? That's surprising. :D

18. OmegaRed1723 macrumors 6502

OmegaRed1723

I have an iPad 3 that I've had since launch day. I keep it in the black Apple case from the original iPad (I have no use for the rear camera). I use it as my primary computing device most days, and average 7-8 hours of use on it a day, and it never gets uncomfortably warm. I don't see my iPad as being an exception here. I think folks are making way too much out of the heat generated by this device.

19. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

There is no 'heat issue'.

I've had the new iPad for almost two months now, and firstly I've never had to use it at full brightness, and secondly no matter what level of usage the device is subject to, it's never got too hot to hold or even noticeably hot.