Did iOS 7.1.2 fix the iMessage bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Tm1992, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Tm1992 macrumors newbie

Curious to know if they fixed the bug for iPhone users who switch to android? Using a nexus temporarily till the 6, and its really frustrating having to use my iPhone to read messages I don't get (I'd update to iOS 7.1.2 and find out myself but left my charger at work)

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

If your iPhone is still active.. that is probably why iMessage still sends texts to it.

3. NastyTruth macrumors newbie

Is it really a bug, or didn't you deactivate iMessage on the iPhone correctly? For me it worked for the time I used a Lumia last year, after I deactivated iMessage in settings.

4. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

I think it's hilarious and sad that people think this has anything to do with Android.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The OP simply asked they way it's being described because that's what most people jump ship to. It should happen if someone moved to a Windows phone (if and when that happens). ;) Anyway, there's a lawsuit from someone who moved to an Android phone but in this article it's described as "moving to another device" which happened to be Android.

6. Winona Northdakota, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014

Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Did iOS 7.1.2 fix the iMessage bug?

Well, technology isn't magic. People need to stop treating it as such.

People have reported the same experience with other platforms:

http://www.technologywoman.com/2012...-google-voice-and-into-verizon-my-experience/