Did iOS 7.1 update move the position of automatic placement for wallpapers?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by doug in albq, Mar 10, 2014.

1. doug in albq, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

Just wondering if anyone has noticed their shelf-type wallpaper being slightly mis-aligned after the latest 7.1 update?

2. Blockbuste macrumors newbie

On my Ipad Air the wallpaper seems like zoomed in! Parallax is disabled! Very ugly!

3. doug in albq thread starter Suspended

doug in albq

I mean more like this...this GIF shows what iOS 7.1 did, and them my fix...which took the shelf image back to the icon and app name text alignment I had before the iOS7.1 update (I created this shelf wallpaper myself in PS, hence the quick fix)

[​IMG]

4. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

I noticed this too. Try to set the wallpaper when in portrait view instead. Pinch to zoom out the wallpaper as far as it can go, then set it. Seems to be a bug. I might try a fresh install if no one else has the problem

EDIT

Sorry O.P
    I don't have an iPhone to test your issue

5. Blockbuste macrumors newbie

On my Iphone 5s everything is alright! But on the Ipad Air it zooms in too much!

6. doug in albq thread starter Suspended

doug in albq

Did you try that with a shelf wallpaper and the automatic placement (not moving the image around yourself)?

7. Blockbuste, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

Blockbuste macrumors newbie

No but on my Iphone i can make a screenshot an set it as wallpaper 1:1! On my Ipad Air when i make a screenshot its zooms the picture!

Example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kidlatham macrumors newbie

I thought this update was supposed to fix the background problem! When I pinch to size the picture it bounces right back! Reduce motion is on

9. racer1441 macrumors 68000

7.1 really screwed up wallpapers. Nothing works now.

10. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Did iOS 7.1 update move the position of automatic placement for wallpapers?

I have always turned perspective zoom off and have had no issues on my iPad and my iPhone. It's definitely more zoomed out than 7.0 but obviously not like 1-6.

11. Rodster macrumors 68040

The stock wallpaper is fine but any wallpaper you import is skewed to the right. I just pinch to zoom out then center the wallpaper and I make sure perspective zoom is turned off. That works for me.

12. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I have the same problem. The problem is that turning Perspective Zoom off doesn't turn it completely off. It still zooms it out a little, and moving my phone still moves the picture a little giving it a slight parallax effect. In my mind, when I say "off" it should be completely freaking off.

13. Rodster macrumors 68040

You'll need to turn ON reduce motion then you won't see the perspective zoom option when setting the wallpaper but you'll still need to adjust it.

14. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

Yeah, but I don't like the other things that Reduce Motion changes. I want to turn off parallax only, which is what I thought that new setting was for.

15. JPM42 macrumors 6502

What I've noticed since 7.1 on my iPad is that, despite my parallax wallpapers having the right dimensions (2,524 x 2,524), whenever I select the picture to set it as a wallpaper, the preview always aligns the picture way to the right. The only way for the wallpaper to be perfectly center is to manually align it, which is a pain. I wish I knew how to get around this.

On my iPhone, this problem doesn't exist for me. Everything aligns perfectly.

16. doug in albq, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

doug in albq thread starter Suspended

doug in albq

I am going to answer my own question...

YES, iOS 7.1 update DID slightly move the automatic placement of images used as wallpapers.

go look at the picture in post #3, (and try to forget all the thread-drift after that post.) See the animated GIF...see how the app title text is too low for the corresponding shelf, making the descenders on the fonts hang off the shelf? Well, that was just fine with iOS7...I had to move the shelves up a few mm to match up with the new placement after 7.1 update came out.

EDIT: I have only tested this on a 3.5 inch iPhone screen, so maybe this issue is isolated to 3.5 inch screens (iPhone 4/s). Most people do not use shelf wallpapers on iPads because of the home screen rotation abilities, but they used to be popular with iPhones...seems like, starting with iOS7, and now 7.1, Apple is making it difficult to create shelf-type wallpapers...

17. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

its not disabled you can turn it on when you set the wallpaper. its called
    Perspective Zoom now.