Did ios4 developers have any iphone4's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevingaffney, Aug 23, 2010.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Considering the poor performance of ios4 on the iphone4, I'm inclined to wonder did the developers have any phones to test it on. Some of the bugs are so blatantly obvious typing lags dreadful Bluetooth performance and that awful proximity sensor bug. I waited several weeks after US launch mainly to allow all bugs to be ironed out but that didn't work. Cmon apple get your finger out. You dropped the ball on this one

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You can try a reset or a restore, sounds like a software issue. I don't have any of the problems you have, nor do any of my friends with an iPhone4 or the ones that still have a 3GS.

3. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Bleeding hell its not that bad unless you're using some bloody old apps which haven't been updated in two years :p

4. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Is this guy for real? A multi-billion dollar company bring out a new device and operating system for said device and he thinks they, what, don't test the software at all and just ship it out?

I think you should crawl back under the rock you've clearly been living under and come back once you've stopped crying about your supposed slow device.

5. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

HP doesn't test their products

6. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

LOL

Apple seems to always have issues with new firmware releases, but they iron them out eventually. I bet iOS 4.1 is going to be what 4.0 wanted to be.

7. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Point i was trying to make. Btw to the smart ass suggesting I shoul crawl under a rock, you clearly have the problem. So why does every major update have so many obvious bugs despite the beta testers and the following update is then spot on. Why not spend a little more time on the updates and try getting them nearly right first time. Now I'll go find my rock and keep the ignorant cretins happy

8. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

Apple is so secretive, there isn't really any test hardware that goes out to third parties.

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

This!

10. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Because people writing the software are humans?

There will always be bugs. Given the humongous install base with millions of different configurations, it is pretty much impossible to anticipate what bugs would come out. Any company, no matter how big they are, has a limited amount of resources for testing. And you can't simply test everything because you can't test the unknown. Apple could spend 10 years making sure a piece of software is bug free, and then when released it will still have bugs.