did ipad quality improve

Discussion in 'iPad' started by matt90036, Sep 25, 2011.

1. matt90036 macrumors regular

okay so i read 22 pages worth of complains about ipad poor build quality - most notably the screen issues such as sever bleeding, frame around the screen coming off, etc....
    did the quality improve since march/april when the ipad2 initially came out? can someone who RECENTLY bought ipad2 please comment. and if you think you have a perfect screen, can you plz adjust the brightness to maximum and turn off all the lights (ie plane ride situation). i dont want to pay out $700 for an inferior screen.
    thanks

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I bought an iPad 2 at the beginning of this month & can honestly say that the quality all around has improved tremendously since it was released.

I believe that you will have no issues at all if you decide to go ahead & buy one right now.

Good luck. :)

3. palpatine macrumors 68040

I bought my iPad 2 about a week ago. The screen is great. Everything is fine. If you have a problem, though, you can always return it. You won't be out 700 for an inferior screen. Just go out and get one :)

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I bought another iPad 2 white for the house today, and it is perfect. Screen seems a lot better than the one I got near launch. Very pleased

5. ninerfan macrumors regular

Exactly our situation, although our second one was purchased a month ago. Screen is far and away superior to the original iPad 2 even though there was nothing really wrong with that one. The new screen is sharp and clear with no bleeding.

6. urbanj macrumors regular

I just got one two weeks ago. I know it's new cause it shipped with 4.3.5. What were the problems about the frame around the screen coming off? I feel as if I have this issue a bit.

There is a visible gap between the metal frame and the rubber (plastic?) border. I can push on the black stuff and it moves around and I can see the back side of the aluminum.

7. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

anyone else has the frame problem? seems like 4/5 people had no issues and 20% found a piece of plastic coming off. i need more posts. plz say if you had quality control isssue or if the ipad is perfect.
    and no, i cannot return one because i will be going out of country soon.

8. palpatine macrumors 68040

then get moving soon! it only takes a few minutes: purchase, open, check, return OR keep.

let's say you are overseas. go to apple store, talk to genius, get it fixed or receive a new one.

apple stands behind its products :)

9. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

how is the support in Poland?

10. palpatine macrumors 68040

I think they have four stores there. The policies ought to be similar, if not the same. I'd check the pricing before you purchase, because Apple doesn't always account well for exchange rates in its prices.

11. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

We have purchased over 30,000 iPads for customers and seen a return rate of less than 1/2 of 1%. Quality is extremely high for a consumer electronic device.

In 1000 "other" tablets, return rates are around 10%

-t

12. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

okay im sold, i will go to nearest apple store, buy an ipad, open it in front of the guy and if i see 1 dead pixed, or frame coming off, i will return it right the way and get another one and then another one until i find one that doesn't have that issue lol.

13. palpatine macrumors 68040

That's what I would do!

14. matt90036, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

got the ipad, there was no issues with quality from my inspection at the store. gonna wait few more days to see how it behaves to be 100% sure.

15. palpatine macrumors 68040

congratulations! let's hope it works out for you :)

16. RobNor macrumors regular

How uniform is the screen on more recent examples?

17. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

okay, first of all understand that i am 100% perfections when it comes to product quality. when i pay $500 for a device i can't stand any part not glued, coming off, any bleeding, any dead pixels, the product for that price IMO should be perfectly put together.
    the ipad so far (2nd day of ownership) has met all of my expectations. the screen is uniform, no dead pixels, no bleeding from the sides. there is a slight yellowing of the screen which is uniform however. i would put that yellowing at perhaps 1%, not visible during day light and only visible in completely dark room. coming to think of it, this is the inherent quality of IPS screen. i had a thinkpad which also had IPS and it did have a slight (actually more than an iPAD) yellow tinge at night.
    in short, the screen is uniform and satisfies my high standards, and I give it an A+.

18. class10808 macrumors newbie

did improve, although I have the screen bleeding problems. Regretting getting the 16gb wifi version as it was the only one available in the store at that time due to over excitement.. will definitely go for 3g in future...

19. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

SAMs club has a 90 day no questions returns policy. Try one out. Too many complainers on this forum, and they should not sway you in making a decision. The overwhelming majority of people who buy an IPad love it. Those who inspect it under a microscope will always find flaws.

20. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

i inspected mine under a microscope and there was no flaws so far (2nd day of ownership). i inspect every product under microscope i don't take unglued, falling apart pieces of junk.

----------

no point of getting 3G if you are planning to have 3G capable phone.
    as for me, i won't be carring my ipad anywhere outside of the house (well maybe library trips), it is simply too big to carry. perhaps if apple came out with a 7inch ipad it would make sense for me to get 3g on it and use it as both GPS in the car and PDA wherever I go.
    but perhaps if you are taking you ipad everywhere and you got no means to tether then it does make sense.

21. RobNor macrumors regular

I wonder what proportion of screens are the bright vibrant ones vs the dimmer ones

22. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

here let me put it that way. the entire screen is uniform. got to actual store open it up and check it out for yourself.

23. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I just got an iPad 2 today, which came loaded with 4.3.5 so I imagine the hardware is quite new, and it's perfect. But then again my original iPad, which I bought on launch day, was also perfect.