Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariomr99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
After watching many videos, I found out that the iPhone 15 pro is made with a grade 5 titanium frame, but is it really that strong? Many videos on YouTube that the iPhone 15 pro max is not as strong as the 15 pro with a bend test. I also reviewed comments of people who notice a slight bend in their phones without applying any force on them, which made me wonder if the iPhone 15pro is susceptible to bending? Can it be bent easily? Is it possible to bend ? I'd love to hear your opinion

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
After watching many videos, I found out that the iPhone 15 pro is made with a grade 5 titanium frame, but is it really that strong? Many videos on YouTube that the iPhone 15 pro max is not as strong as the 15 pro with a bend test. I also reviewed comments of people who notice a slight bend in their phones without applying any force on them, which made me wonder if the iPhone 15pro is susceptible to bending? Can it be bent easily? Is it possible to bend ? I'd love to hear your opinion
I have yet to see one thread on this forum saying they bent their iPhone 15 Pro/15PM. Don't believe everything you see on YouTube. I"ve had my 15PM since launch and it has been just as durable as any of the other iPhones I've owned.. I would never deliberately bend my phone like on the YouTube videos, but it's carried in my front pocket and it's been fine. By the way, Apple uses grade 5 titanium which is a much higher grade than the grade 2 titanium used on the Samsung S24 Ultra..

Reactions: mariomr99

mariomr99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
I have yet to see one thread on this forum saying they bent their iPhone 15 Pro/15PM. Don't believe everything you see on YouTube. I"ve had my 15PM since launch and it has been just as durable as any of the other iPhones I've owned.. I would never deliberately bend my phone like on the YouTube videos, but it's carried in my front pocket and it's been fine. By the way, Apple uses grade 5 titanium which is a much higher grade than the grade 2 titanium used on the Samsung S24 Ultra..
Interesting. Thank you for your opinion! 😀

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.