Did it. Sold my 350D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by oblomow, Aug 14, 2007.

1. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

Sold my Canon 350D after almost 2 years of great service. Ordered a 30D. Not sure why really, the old one was fine. But I somehow wanted a new toy, something larger, and the 'wheel-and-nipple'. Oh and spotmeter. I hope I infected the colleague that bought my old camera to make more/nice/better/interesting pictures. If it arrives before our trip to Bonn I can show some nice pictures... I hope. (I know the person behind the camera makes the pictures, but with prices dropping on the 30D I couldn't control myself.)
    Anyone else tempted by the price drop on the 30D, or am I the only one that's more interested in a 30d than
    the features of a possible 40D?

2. walangij macrumors 6502

Congrats on the upgrade. The dropping 30D price is very tempting, and I don't really have too much interest in what the "40D" will offer in a few months, I'd rather get a lower priced 30D and some great L glass rather than a new body that I doubt will be better than the older 1 series. I love the original 1D which goes for around the current 30D, I'm just waiting for a few hundred dollar drop in the 1D MKII or 1D MKIIn b/c man those would be great.