Did Leopard kill my MacBookPro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WmLambert, Mar 1, 2008.

1. WmLambert macrumors newbie

I dunno... maybe its the dust in the air here in Vegas, All I know is my iSight worked on Thursday, and I could drag photos out of iPhoto onto the Photoshop icon on the dock and it would open there. On Friday I installed Leopard and now I can't get my USB to recognize a camera for Photo Booth - (no iSight - no Aiptek HD camcorder) - yet it will download photos into iPhoto from the same camera, and a photo dragged onto the Dock won't open, but Photoshop can open the same photo from inside the app.

Apple support, and my local Apple Store Genius Bar techs said my internal iSight is kaput, but the computer is out of warranty except for the 90 day Leopard software coverage. I thought I could use the Aiptek HD camera like I use my Fuji FinePix back home in Michigan on an iMac as a webcam - but neither Photo Booth or iChat AV seems to think that is a possibility.

I hope for assurance that I am not completely ignorant of what is going on - but I fear the technology has overwhelmed me. Any kind thoughts?

2. duykur macrumors regular

leopards are carnivores but I've never heard of them eating Macbook Pro's