Did Mac Messenger slow my macbook down?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macsforcollege?, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

I downloaded Mac messenger earlier this week. I think Monday. On tuesday, my macbook was very very slow. When i typed, there was a lag. when i clicked on something like ichat, there was a delay. if i clicked on Finder, there would be a delay. I deleted Messenger and restarted the macbook and it was fine. I still want Messenger. Do you think Messneger caused that? if not, why did that happen? Thanks!

2. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

I don't think Messenger:Mac will have slowed down your system, unless there was a conflict somewhere, but if you're looking for Messenger alternatives to speak to MSN contacts, try Adium. It's basic, and has limited third party webcam support, but it works quite well.

3. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I got Adium and seems to work. Mac seems to slowed down a drop, but its fine.. Thanks!.. Maybe Snow Leopard will fix that problem

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

And it's better than Messenger For Mac in every way...

5. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Yes i recommend using Adium until the next version of messenger for mac comes out, or you can also use aMSN if you really need videochat on MSN protocol.;)

6. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

However i think the only chat Meebo site is better than aMSN. In fact aMSN is just pretty shabby.

And Adium 2.0 will be coming out soon (I certainly hope) with Audio and Video support. I know there was a beta out available to certain people, so it shouldn't be long now.