Did MMS update fixed my 3.1 glitch???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CarboysDesire, Sep 27, 2009.

1. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I upgraded to 3.1 last week when I got that e-mail from Apple saying it was available. I hadn't checked in here for several weeks, otherwise I would have ignored it and stayed on 3.0.

Anyway, the only glitch I was having was that my Cover Flow in the Ipod function would fail and I would be whisked back to the home screen and whatever I was playing would stop.

But, after downloading the MMS update I have no more glitch.

Weird coincidence?

2. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

3. CarboysDesire thread starter macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

No.

I've never hacked, or jailbroke, my iPhone. I just go "by the book" on those types of things.

I found it weird that the glitch disappeared because the carrier download was so quick that I didn't think it had any fixes in it.

I guess I'll just consider myself lucky. That was my only glitch and now it's gone.

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Its impossible. Carrier files dont mess with anything like that, just network settings.

5. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Couldn't it be that you synced before the carrier update and that fixed your problem?

6. CarboysDesire thread starter macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I don't remember syncing before the update...in fact I'm sure I did not. Because I usually sync before ALL updates but this time I didn't and I remember thinking about it but deciding to go for it, with fingers crossed.

But I synced immediately AFTER the carrier update, even before turning my phone off and then on to get MMS working.

Prior to that I had not synced since installing 3.1.

7. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Either you did something you don’t remember doing, or it’s a coincidence.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

I promise you

the carrier update doesn't fix anything but the carrier setting so we can have MMS if it did anything else then that AT&T and Apple need to trade places and AT&T can make the Phone and Apple be the carrier. wait that might work your a fricking genus! ;)