did my airport express die?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pcortez, Jul 25, 2008.

1. pcortez macrumors member

i have a pretty old airport express,

needless to say, i tried plugging it in the other day to extend the network that my other two airport express are on, but when i plug it in, no light (amber or green, blinking or not) appears and the utility can't pick up the router when it is plugged in.

is it safe to say it finally died? its definitely not under warranty anymore. i tried a hard reset and all...

suggestions???

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

if you have no lights whatsoever it may just be the plug, I've had one go bad (don't remember which apple thing it was) If you have another apple product (laptop, ipod/iphone charger), just pull the plug off and swap it to see if that works. if you don't have a spare, maybe there's an apple store close.
    By plug i mean the whole corner where the prongs are, it will pop off with a good pull. You can get international plugs to replace if you're traveling.

Also when you plug it into your router/hub by ethernet, do the connect lights on the router/hub come on? normally that connection is pretty low in the scheme of things, and will connect first.

3. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the help, but pretty sure it's done for....