Did my iPad wi-fi transmitter just die?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VelvetElegance, Apr 4, 2014.

1. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

I sure hope not. I'm *still* using an iPad 2. It works fine and thus far haven't needed to upgrade. Tonight I was streaming Netflix in my house one minute and the next minute the signal dropped. This happens from time to time with my wi-fi so I just unplugged the router and plugged it back in. This usually solves the problem. When I went to sign back into my Netflix acct, I kept getting the "Unable to Join Network" error when I tried to connect to my wi-fi. My husband's Kindle can log onto the network just fine and I am typing this message from a computer that is on that same network, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with my ISP or my home network, but rather something with the iPad. What else could it be? I have done a hard reset twice. I can see my network, but it just won't let me join.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Try telling it to forget the network. Then sign in once its found it.

3. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Super to hear that! BTW, no issue with your using that iPad 2. Still loving mine as well!

5. EllenStroud macrumors newbie

Ah awesome!
    I've had issues with this before, across multiple products so its a good trick to try on any product. Alas my last ipad 2 had similar issue but wouldn't correct it self after trying the above.
    Family sent it away to iPadpro i believe and seemed to do a good job. They mentioned the wifi networking part had cracked, and the charge port section was slightly loose too, so was good to all get taken care of :)

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I always say if it keeps working for you, keep using it. :) iPad 2 was actually one of the best iPads made, in my opinion. iPads 3 and 4 felt a bit like a hack, having to use a HUGE battery to handle the power hungry screen. They finally perfected the retina iPad in the Air, IMO.