Did my iPod Touch get back water damage? Is it hopeless?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Markery, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Markery macrumors newbie

So I accidentally dropped my iPod Touch 2nd Gen in about 3 inch deep water and the second I dropped it I grabbed it back and dried it off, and it was working fine so I was like damn that was close. Now sum 3 hours later I couldn't slide to unlock so I turned it off and slided to power off with no problem, now I turn it back on and it says connect to iTunes and it's already connected to my computer. I try and restore and get an error and now my computer isn't picking it up at all and when I try to slide to power off on the connect to iTunes screen I can't. Am I screwed? God I just got this thing like 3 months ago, I'm pissed. Can the warranty cover this? Or is there a way to fix it or something?

Thank you.

Edit: I forgot to mention like twenty minutes ago it couldn't find my wifi, that was the initial problem. Is water like going threw and attacking parts of my device or something?

Edit 2: Okay I was just blowing into the connector at the bottom and then I see white kind of tint at the bottom of my screen and then after a few minutes it slowly goes away.. What's that about?

Edit 3: Lol, It just started working again.. But it's still connecting to iTunes and still can't find my wifi.

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

You shouldn't have even tried to turn it on after the first drop in. Should have dried it off and put it in a bag of rice for like a week.

3. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

So.... With all the updates you added.... What is your problem/question now?

4. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Turn it off and put it in a bag of rice for a week or two.

5. HotCheetos macrumors newbie

I'm actually having a similar problem. a tiny bit of my tea dripped into my ipod, now it's stuck on the screen that says connect to iTunes. However, I have a 4 digit lock on the device, and because it's stuck on this particular screen, it won't allow me to unlock it and restore it. Is there anything that I can do? I just put it in a bag of rice (which is completely new to me lol), hoping that will inflict some change...crosses fingers.