Did my Unlock work???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vijay007, Aug 11, 2010.

1. vijay007 macrumors regular

I just tried unlocking my and my wife's iPhone 4s.

When I installed Ultrasn0w on my iPhone, it ran for 5-10 seconds, threw a popup 'Could not activate cellular data connection (or something like that) and then gave me the option to 'Restart Springboard'.

When I installed Ultrasn0w on my wife's iPhone, it ran for 5-10 seconds, threw a popup 'Could not activate cellular data connection (or something like that) and then gave me the option to 'Reboot the Device'.

I am worried if the unlocks went through fine :(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

That seems normal. Just check under the settings app. When I installed ultrasn0w it dropped the option to change the carrier.

3. vijay007 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I do see the new option to change the Carrier under Settings. Hope this does mean that both the iPhones were unlocked successfully.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You don't change the carrier thu settings.
    You just stick any simcard and it will work.

5. vijay007 thread starter macrumors regular

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I've always been on AT&T, so I've never had to unlock.

What does that menu that ultrasn0w adds actually do? For me, it dropped in three options "AT&T, AT&T, AT&T 3G" with AT&T 3G being the only one that actually worked and allowed me to use any data. Switching them seemed to kill and restart the comm center.

7. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

I don't get why all these people who are on the official carrier are going into repo666 to get ultrasn0w. Are you really that bored that you're doing it just because you have nothing else to do with your iPhone?

8. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Yeah, I'm just that bored.

Seriously though, I installed it so I could attempt the nopatch carrier hack. Ultrasn0w was required to hook into commcenter and bypass the signature check on the tethering profile.

I don't know why "all those others" did it.