Did not get the back to school promo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rockyroad55, Jul 7, 2011.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

My Macbook was purchased on the 23rd and now it is past the 14 days return policy. I didn't want to return it, I just wanted to get the $100 app store card. Is there any way Apple usually does this for customers or should I just suck it up and wait til next time?

2. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

When you bought the machine, did you get the education discount as well or did you just buy the machine?

3. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Just bought.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Assuming you're a student, why didn't you get the educational discount? You might wanna try calling them and explain your situation.

5. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

6. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yup.

7. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

When you purchased it, if you did it online, it should have given you an option on the side that asked if you wanted the B2S promo. But I believe it had to be purchased through the student discount to receive that. It would have showed on your invoice, order confirmation, and shipping information as well. The B2S promo shows as a different order, if you selected to receive it.

8. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

9. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

It would have only offered it if you purchased it through an educational discount. I'd call them up and see what they can do for you.

10. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

you goob! you have to click on the education store on the right hand side. That brings up the store where the machines are discounted and they offer the gift card during check out.

11. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I got it in store! But anyway, I went back and they said it was okay and they overrode the return since I was 1 day over and they gave me the app store card. Funny thing was, they couldn't credit my card back for the $100 off for my MacBook so they tried to put it on a gift card, but that wouldn't work too since they tried 3 different gift cards! Soooo, they gave me CASH! I got my edu discount in cash!!! I love Apple more now and appreciate that store so much more!