did not select unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibuyufo, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

When I ordered the iphone 4S for my wife I did not select unlimited data but instead selected 2gb. Do you guys know if it's possible to either change this before activating the iphone 4s with at&t or do I need to return the phone and re-order again?

2. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You might be screwed. I asked my AT&T rep. Turned out I was on Smartphone unlimited and got changed back to iPhone unlimited so I could select it. You must go to AT&T store before you turn phone on if it is even possible. My rep said they activate what is on the microSim and couldn't take it off. But once that 4S sim is activated its impossible to go back.

3. NoHo macrumors 6502

If you ordered through the AT&T site, you might be able to. They pulled a fast one and tried to trick people into switching to a tiered plan, but they got called out for it and if you call them, they will most likely put you back on unlimited if you tell them it wasn't made clear when you ordered which data plans were available.

Read this article.

http://www.mactrast.com/2011/10/att-tricks-customers-into-giving-up-unlimited-data/

4. ibuyufo thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been trying to call them since Friday but have been unable to get through. I'm hoping that Monday I can get through to someone in the premier department. I just hope I can change it before that thing ships out.

5. NoHo macrumors 6502

The plan is all on their end. It doesn't matter if you have activated the phone or not, they can put you back on the unlimited plan at any time.

Don't sweat it. If you tell them you were confused and selected the wrong plan because THEIR site wasn't clear, they will put you back on it.

Do whatever you can to keep your unlimited plan. A 2gb tiered plan might seem like enough data for a month now, but soon, in the near future, apps and features that we can't even imagine yet are going to be coming out and 2gb isn't going to get you very far.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Sounds about right for AT&T

To think this was done by accident? Yeah, good luck with that. I am sure we will see this yet again for the next upgrade

"Want unlimited? Fill out this AP Science quiz alongside this Bionuclear Test to continue receiving unlimited"