Did Pandora Break 3rd Party Apps? (I.E. PandoraJam)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by todd2000, Apr 19, 2010.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So I haven't used Pandora in a while, and just started again last week. I figured I would grab one of the third party apps, so I didn't have to use Safari to listen. I tried PandoraJam, PandoraBoy, and PandoraMan, and none of them work right. I can listen to stations that I have already created, but I can not create a new station. Every time I try to type an artist or song in the box, it doubles every letter. For example say I wanted to search for "Train" If I try to type that in the search box it comes out "Ttrraaiinn." I know Pandora recently released their own App, so did they break 3rd Party apps, to promote Pandora ONE?

2. breathesrain macrumors regular

Pandora One's been out for a while. I tried Pandoraboy after a free trial of the official app, and it worked- not as well, but it worked. Maybe it's something to do with their diversification- Pandora is in a lot of different markets now.

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Nobody has any idea what the problem might be?

4. reubs macrumors 68000

I'm still looking for a Pandora 3rd party app. I was going to install Pandora One until I saw that it was Adobe Air, and I think I axed that idea. Anyone have any ideas on other solutions?