Did reinstalling Sierra on your MBP with TB improve battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blackvibes, Nov 28, 2016.

?

Did clean reinstalling Sierra improve battery life?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Blackvibes macrumors member

Hi guys,

there are lots of threads about the new MacBook Pro with touchbar having low battery life. However, most of the current Touchbar-powered owners simply reinstalled a time machine backup, instead of simply copying their data from their old machine/drive to this new one. In the last case, you still have a clean install of Sierra with all your data on it, again.

I'm looking for that segment of people who did not restore a time machine backup, but kept a clean install, but reinstalled Sierra anyway, based on current advices.

My question is: Did reinstalling Sierra over your factory-installed Sierra Macbook improved your battery life?

If you did a time machine backup after your purchase, but had a bad battery life, so you did a clean install, please don't vote.

2. GeorgeVes macrumors member

GeorgeVes

3. Kn!ghthawk macrumors member

Not voting here: However I'll throw this out I've run my MBP 15" for a few cycles now and the life has increased as well as the capacity reported by the apps I've downloaded for monitoring it after hearing of all the complaints.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I read that in the reviews as well, basically giving it a few days, the battery performance increased and you got increased longevity.