Did Samsung Omnia just copy the iPhone... Again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsvtecjohn3, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Man, if this phone had a touchscreen like the iPhone I might have got it instead.

2. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I looked up this cell phone and it does, in fact, have a touchscreen. That being said, it still has two problems:

1. it's still butt-ugly
    2. it still runs Windows Mobile :D

HawaiiMacAddict

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

4. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

you have to wonder if eventually you reach the most efficient form factor in any product you design.

If you've ever taken an intro business class you've probably heard "you can't build a better mouse trap."

anyone who's ever taken an intro philosophy class, has probably heard of the concept of "forms"

I believe that eventually, every product reaches it's "mouse trap" design because there exists a perfect form that we all duplicate to some degree.

every laptop, some are boxier, some are sleeker ... but all are clam shell, because that's how it functions best.

every car in certain class, no matter how much you experiment gets closer and closer to the tear drop form

perhaps the all in one, cellphone/ orginizer/ media device is finding it's form as well ... that if you want to put all the goodies into one device, there is an optimal design for it.

does this device look like the iPhone? No more then a GM truck looks like a Ford pick up