Did screen cleaner mess up my screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Eliichka, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Eliichka macrumors newbie

So i used screen cleaner on the screen of my MB, and i guess some if it got under the screen, and now there's a big, weird, light spot on the downside in the center.

Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

it already changed a bit. The spot got a different shape (bit smaller actually), but now there are all these lines there, and it looks like the color is darker or gone completely under them. Is there anything i can do? Did i mess up my screen? Also i was told to mention that i don't have applecare. :(

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Indeed you did! There is no way around that in my experience.

I like to use acetone with a CD wipe but make sure that around the edges it is not getting anywhere. It evaporates super fast so I can make sure it's not getting anywhere it shouldn't.

3. Eliichka thread starter macrumors newbie

you didn't really answer my question. will this dry out, or will it stay like that?

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

I figured
    served as the answer.

It's stuck. I tried putting a machine I did that to in a small enclosed room with several powerful dehumidifers for a week, no dice. There's no way around it.

5. eman macrumors 6502a

There's nothing you can do in my experience. Water spills to the LCD can dry out and can almost completely disappear over a period of time. Coffee, juice tea etc... spills to the LCD will likely remain forever to some degree.
    The clearer the liquid the better your chance of a recovery.
    Good luck!

6. fluffyx macrumors 6502

If it's going to go away by itself, it will go away in well under 2 weeks.

If you want to fix it, you'd need a new display screen installed. Apple charges $601 for this repair; you can usually find an Apple Service shop in your area to do it for about half price.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How much screen cleaner and what brand screen cleaner did you use?

8. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

From http://www.apple.com/support/macbook/care/