Did Sierra correct?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by macmacmacr, Jan 3, 2017.

1. macmacmacr macrumors member

have noticed that there are no reviews for the Sierra OS on the App store and would like to know if the following options exist in Sierra?

1) Since Apple has a App store a user should be able to remove all pre-installed Apps from their operating system so that only the Apps that the user wants can be installed.

2) Can you view log in and log out of an account using the "console app" on a Sierra Mac?

3) The lock mechanism that prevents access to specific systems like Network settings "click the lock to make changes" does not have a automatic lock in a specific time period in previous versions. This would allow the lock to automatically lock after a period of say 5 minutes if you forget. Does Sierra have that option? It existed in Snow Leopard

Anyone using Sierra can answer these questions?

2. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

You can only delete apps that are not included. Included apps give an error message that it "can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by macOS" when being deleted.

I'm not sure the answer to the other questions, at the moment.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

As @bcave098 said, you can't remove a built-in app (Safari, Contacts, Photos) but you could remove App Store apps (even if preinstalled) such as Pages, Numbers, iMovie

Don't know, never tried. Here's the help file for the Console app: https://help.apple.com/console/mac/10.12/index.html?localePath=en.lproj

No timed lock for that, but if you close System Preferences, those lock automatically.

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

The "console app" is a log viewing tool. Why would it be used to log users in or out?

5. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

I think OP wants to use the console to see IF someone logged in or out.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

LOL I read it the same way the first time, ended up having to edit my reply. "View (Log in and log out) of an account"

7. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

8. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

However, if you have a Mac with multiple user accounts I am very sure that there are tools to have that functionality, especially when in a network. Although I wouldn't know any case you'd need that for except Big Brother like surveillance.