Did someone from Microsoft start working at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pilotrtc, Oct 22, 2009.

1. pilotrtc macrumors regular

My iPod Touch was updated from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2 (not by choice and a less than interesting story) and I have discovered the Stopwatch feature of the Clock application has been changed with no way to alter its change!

I had been using the Stopwatch to time laps. It provided nice big numbers for me to see how long each lap was taking. Now, the big number is the total time and there's a little number above it and to the right that is keeping the lap time. On top of that, the lap time number is so small that it doesn't look bright white which makes it even harder to see.

Was this "update" really necessary? And if so, why not provide a way to switch which number goes in the big spot? This disregard feels too much like a Microsoft move.

Ugh!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This has nothing to do with Microsoft. Each time something is updated that is not to your liking that is Apple's fault. You are more than welcome to write to Apple via their feedback page and let them know of your dissatisfaction. Alternatively, you can write to Microsoft and tell them what's up and expect nothing because again, Microsoft has nothing to do with that. Actually, MS wouldn't change such a thing because they'd be too busy releasing security patches. Wasting time on a stopwatch feature would probably be a silly idea for them.

3. Padraig macrumors 6502a

How does this feel like an MS move, it's typically Apple. How much customization does Apple allow on the iPod touch/iphone? Seriously, you have to jailbreak the thing just to get custom backgrounds. MS would give you numerous options – not all that would work - on changing it.

4. pilotrtc thread starter macrumors regular

How disillusioning, disappointing, and eye-opening.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

your finally seeing apple isn't this perfect god-like company for once?

6. Ericatomars macrumors regular

Well it's a rainy day in Chicago it must be mircosoft's fault... DAMN THEM WHY WONT THEY STOP DESTROYING EVERYTHING! ;)

7. pilotrtc thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure I've ever advocated that but I did think higher of them before this happened.

It's just proof that no one can please everyone all the time.

8. Cannedkoala macrumors member

Check the app store? There seems to be a few different stopwatches on there.

9. strike1555 macrumors 6502

So it's a "Microsoft" move?

People like you make me sick - you give all of us Apple users a bad name.

10. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Just ask The Spaz, he notices all of the little changes. In 3.0, the icons don't fly away like they did in 2.2.1. There are also other annooying bugs in the 3.X.X software that wern't in 2.2.1

11. pilotrtc thread starter macrumors regular

Ditto