Did something just happen to the reception?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MicroApple, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MicroApple macrumors regular

I don't know about this, I've been the last one to complain, and I live in a pretty good reception area 3-4 bars with 4.0.1. But for like 6 days now I keep getting "Call Failed". It's been perfect for a month. After the first day I though whatever it dropped one call. Now I can't even call without a call getting dropped. I'm not even holding it in my let hand sometimes (sometimes I do, while using the computer) and when I hold it in my right I don't think I'm inadvertently touching the bar as I haven't for 1 month. So is there some sort small OTA update or something that made my phone like this? Or is it defective?
    My free apple case won't get here some time until September.

More info:

Serial : 800xxx

iPhone does that thing when it turned off randomly (even when battery was over half full) and I had to hard reset (Holding Home and Power Buttons together).

Called Apple Care, they offered to replace it because of the turning off issue, and I refused as it is a refurb.

Live near SF

Don't you think it's completely unfair when I bought this phone new, and pre-ordered it new. I get bumped down in status to a refurb? First of all if I have to sell it now I'm obligated to tell the buyer it's a refurb (not that I have a problem with them as much as buyer) and most buyers have a negative connotation with refurbs. Not to mention refurb iPhones sell for less in retail than new iPhones so my selling point drops right there. I paid $500 for this phone (first iPhone) and early upgrade, so I don't want a refurb, they might as while give me a RAZR, if they gave me refurb I would also like $200 back on my phone. Anyway to get a NEW iPhone because that is what I paid for, not a refurb. If I wanted a refurb I would wait and go online and buy one for much cheaper.

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Unfortunately no there is not. It doesn't matter what the phone is, or how much you paid for it when it was new. Once you get past the 30 days of ownership and have an issue, you get a refurbished unit.

3. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

Actually refunds were extended to 90 days so I can still return it, and get a new one, but I would like to do it without the hassle of waiting for a new one, deactivating my data plan, getting out of the contract, re activating, new contract, etc, etc.

EDIT: never mind its still 30 days