Did Steve Job's Daughter Help Create an App?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TurboMoses, Feb 29, 2012.

1. TurboMoses macrumors member

TurboMoses

As I was doing a search on Lisa Brennan-Jobs, and a rumor piqued my interest:
    http://clarioncontent.blogspot.com/2012/02/heiress-app-arent.html
    [​IMG]
    According to the report, Lisa Brenna Jobs was involved in the development of the video app Frequency. It's always interesting to see this elusive "heiress" in some kind of spotlight. Does that make me a bad person?

2. jlhandy, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012

jlhandy macrumors newbie

jlhandy

Nothing that we know about Lisa Brennan-Jobs says that she's involved in tech and app development. Isn't she like a freelance writer or something?

3. TurboMoses thread starter macrumors member

TurboMoses

Well...

Funny you should mention that.. On her blog she had an article posted in an LA Times Op-Ed at the end of 2009. This implies that she was in the LA-area for a time, right?

Maybe this was the time of her collaboration with Frequency?

4. jlhandy macrumors newbie

jlhandy

Okay...

Isn't that a stretch? I went to look at Frequency and I didn't see any references to Lisa Jobs anywhere.

5. TurboMoses thread starter macrumors member

TurboMoses

6. Jb07 macrumors 6502

First, Lisa Brennan-Jobs and I have the same last name. :D Anyway, all searches of "Lisa Brennan-Jobs app" or "Lisa Brennan-Jobs frequency app" come up with Nothing. I doubt she really had any involvement in making an app.

7. TurboMoses thread starter macrumors member

TurboMoses

Social Networks

If you look at her writings, she seems to have a fascination with social networks -- check out this tidbit from a Massachusetts Review piece of hers, published in 2006:

Somewhere at the confluence of Emily’s noticeable attributes – her small nose, her Harvard shirt, her biology textbooks, her voice – I’d imagined when I first met her, was, more or less, the whole girl. Passing faces on the street, meeting new people, I’d have to remember that life extended out, beyond what we can see. I heard that mushrooms are connected underground by a network of fine, white threads. Maybe people are connected, too – coincidences like this one made it seem so, seemed to uncover a unifying, hidden structure.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's Steve Jobs' daughter ... btw.
    Anyone can include a tag there, I don't see it but I'm not sure why it matters.

9. TurboMoses thread starter macrumors member

TurboMoses

10. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Either one is correct.

11. TurboMoses thread starter macrumors member

TurboMoses

Duh... Just Realized

Mona Simpson, Steve Jobs' sister and Lisa's aunt is an English professor at UCLA. It would stand to reason that her niece (Lisa Jobs) has spent a good deal of time in LA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Simpson

12. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

Not really. Plenty of people live hundreds or even thousands of miles away from their aunts/uncles.

I think you're looking for something that's just not there tbh.

13. TurboMoses thread starter macrumors member

TurboMoses

We already know that she doesn't live in LA -- Google indicates that she lives in NY. It is plausible, however, given that she was published in the LA Times that she's spent a fair amount of time there -- certainly enough to inspire some start up brand.

14. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

15. dell who? macrumors member

Or neither is, which is actually true. Singular possessive is Jobs's if you wanna get technical, and yes, the extra 's is pronounced, as silly as that might seem.

16. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

if you're pronouncing it "Jobs" then it's Jobs', if you're pronouncing it "Jobses" then it's Jobs's.

On Topic: i thought she was a writer, what would she of been doing on this app?

17. dboyer0211 macrumors newbie

100% correct