Did Steve Wozniak Hack his iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacepower7, Sep 30, 2007.

1. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

This is a question to which I would love to know the answer. If he didn't, does he approve of it? He was the spirit of Apple, not the other Steve that most people here worship.

I suggest a truce between the pro-hacks and anti-hacks crowds.

If Steve Wozniak hacked his iPhone or approves of it, and publicly acknowledges it, will the anti-hack crowd please stop posting 75% of the posts on pro-hack threads where pro-Mac iPhone users are just trying to find out new information about the current situation with firmware 1.1.1 and iBricks.

I come to this website to find out information and provide it to other Mac users in need. I don't come here to make 20 posts on a thread to argue with people that I think that what they are doing is wrong (iPhone, student discounts etc.) Macrumors' threads are becoming as juvenile as the ones on engadget, tuaw, and gizmodo. Can we please keep some peace and sanity.

If you want to argue the right and wrong (or legality ) of altering an iPhone please post in Community or Other Mac Topics threads. You can even post your own thread in the iPhone section. Please stop posting 7 pages of opinions in a 10 page thread where people are looking for helpful information.

The iPhone threads have become the most divisive threads on this site and in the Mac community that I have seen in years. Let's try to keep opinion and helpful information in seperate threads

We all love our Macs and we all love our iPhones.

Peace

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

3. spacepower7 thread starter macrumors 68000

Are you crazy

Woz waited in line in San Fran to get one on the day it was released. Everybody in line let him cut to the front of the line to let him be the first to purchase one from that store.

Steve waited in line even though he was getting a free one from Apple because he is still technically and employee.

4. Help! macrumors regular

I believe he was first in line at an apple store

5. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

"How many iPhones did you buy?

I might have gotten as many as 20. I haven't gotten a single refund back on my own but some of those people have gotten their refund back. I haven't had time to is all. I will. I only have one iPhone I am using. I figured at first I would use three for myself. But one is enough."

I would guess that being the type of person he is and since he allotted three iPhones for himself that he very likely hacked one. The only thing that holds most people back is a fear of damaging their iPhone in some way. If he happens to break one has has extras so he has nothing to lose. Who knows he might have hacked it himself better than the current publicly available hacks.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

doh' I remember seeing the pictures of him when I got home from my Apple store run....sorry, totally spaced that one.

7. spacepower7 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks

Thanks s8film40

I didn't hear the whole story, just news stuff the week it was released but this linked interview is great.

8. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Woz is a cool guy.

[​IMG]

I don't doubt that he has a hacked iPhone, if for nothing more than to see what can be done. And like people have said, he has more than one. Worst case, one goes in the trash.

9. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I don't doubt steve JOBS has a hacked iPhone as well. I am sure of it.
    he did get his start hacking into pay phones...

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yep he has some iPhones. He was such a geek about how he got in line for them.

He's also been widely quoted because he doesn't use it as a primary phone... the volume is too low for him, among other things.

Woz slams price drop

11. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i read an interview with WOZ and he has an iphone, got in front of the line to use his but he doesnt use it for voice. he uses a different phone for calls because he didnt like the voice quality through his existing bluetooth headset when used with the iphone. he said that is too important because he plays segway polo (like polo but on those segway things) and he makes calls using bluetooth during those game. business calls

12. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

If hacking an iPhone had it's own section within the iPhone forums I'm sure you would see far less....ahem...cross pollination.

Personally, I don't care to wade through 20 threads of iPhone hacking just to see if anything interesting is being said about the iPhone today...but alas there isn't much choice is there?

13. PatrickRolfsen macrumors regular

PatrickRolfsen

LOL, where have you been buddy?:rolleyes:

I'll bet the iWozPhone can be used as a teleporting device/time machine by now.

14. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

from an article, that i don't find anymore, woz did a trick with t-shirts too look like apple staff, and he bought like 30 iphones to give to friends and he kept some for hisself he probably has a hacked one a non-hacked one, a only-ringtone-hacked one and some other :p