Carrier Did T-Mobile just change free 7 offer terms?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by evanavevan, Sep 19, 2016.

1. evanavevan, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

evanavevan macrumors member

evanavevan

It now says that to get the free iPhone 7 ($650 credit) offer, you must sign up for T-Mobile ONE. I don't recall this being there originally when I ordered mine. Did they just recently add this? I have no interest in ONE.

UPDATE: Just called, and they confirmed that the offer changed on 9/15, and now includes ONE. My order was placed on 9/11, so I'm fine, but new orders need ONE to get the promo.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Though they're adored in MRF, I wouldn't doubt it. They've done it in the past. I won't say that they're just as bad as Big Red and Ma Bell, but they aren't much better either.

3. LRXSE7EN, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

LRXSE7EN macrumors member

The offer only applies to people activating a new line, however because of the recent uncarrier move, the only plan available is T-Mobile ONE. They probably just edited it to be more specific, but either way you would have had to get on T-Mobile ONE.

EDIT: My apologies, let me rephrase; if you're a new customer then you would have had to get on T-Mobile ONE regardless, for existing customers though I can see how this would be an inconvenience.