Did the actual shipping time change your mind?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AdonisSMU, Apr 10, 2015.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Did the actual shipping time sour you on getting a MacBook? Did the lack of store availability change your mind about the MacBook?

2. racer1441 macrumors 68000

It certainly isnt making me happy. I get the watch, new product, lots lof hype, lots ads during big events the last month....

For a macbook though? This was set up as a pre order and no one bothered to tell anyone.

For me, waiting the two or three weeks for the delivery makes the whole thing pointless. Thinking i'll just wait till they pop up on the refurb site.

3. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

I'm bought one but I'm like WTF?!....I definitely wasn't expecting to see a 4/22 date for a Machine that took presumably a month to prepare. They should've just said coming in May rather than try to push the boundaries of expectations.

4. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Nope I'm still buying a Asus X205TA from Staples today. $249 CDN (with office 365) is about all I can afford.(vs $1549CDN for base Macbook) As for a Apple I'll just keep rocking my mint 1.5GHz PowerBook G4 ;-)

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

It hasn't changed my mind but I'm extremely upset about it. What it has done is definitely killed my enthusiasm for it. Reading all the reviews today and then not being able to have it for another month.

Even the Apple Watch I was 50/50 on had shipping times starting at 4-6 weeks and now says June.

6. vanimal macrumors 6502a

It did a little for me. I just decided to hold off online and see if the stores like Best Buy or Apple have any tomorrow. At this rate i doubt it. They really won't miss my $1300 I'm sure lol.

7. AdonisSMU, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

LMAO! Apple is leaving money on the table.

8. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Way to go Angela. Nice move not even having stock in the stores.

9. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I think the more baffling thing is some stores not even having DISPLAY MODELS!? I mean common. But they have every Apple watch to try on and it doesn't come out until the 24th?

The reason, because they will sell 2-3 watches to 1 MBR id assume. They don't want the Macbook stealing the watches thunder in store.

10. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Yep, iOS devices are always more popular than the Macs.

11. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

They will need to sell 2-3 watches for every rMB sold. LMAO! :D

The rMB was never going to be the more popular item. Lets get real here....Apple could've released the rMB in store today and barely anyone would've noticed except those in the market for a new computer.

12. Aneres11 macrumors 6502a

When I saw the shipping date I was like :eek: and thought I'd selected the incorrect model! :p

Then I relaised when I came on here that everyone in Europe was getting the same dates.

I then decided to plce my order anyway, and wait it out. I've waited this long so an extra month is fine.
    And it is estimated to be delivered just before my birthday anyway, so that should be a nice present to me from me!

I went with gold... thinking I maybe should have gone space grey... :confused: but the gold one looks so diferent (in a nice way, IMO) that I just impulse chose!

13. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

I'm in the US btw... Macs aren't as popular in the EU is my guess...

14. Banquo's Ghost macrumors newbie

I have been a little undecided, even though the weight and form factor is ideal for my needs. The reviews have pushed me a little further towards 'not yet' (though I bought the first gen MacBook Air and loved it) but I was keen to see a demo model - the key for me is the keyboard feel, and I fully expected to be parting with money the moment I saw the Retina screen and the styling.

But there's no models in store, and the staff didn't really have a clue when there would be. So, my enthusiasm is waning and I may well give into the angel on my shoulder advising me to wait for the second generation, rather than my usual problem of giving into the little Apple devil that seduces me the moment I see new :apple: kit. :)

Money saved, I think. Good for me, odd as a retail strategy.

15. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

I don't know what Angela and Tim were thinking with this. It's not a winning strategy. People who are going to spend $1299 on an under performing Apple Kit are not going to wait for it while you try to pull it together. They will move on to the next release. I just really NEED a new machine so I had no other option. You don't make any money from people who NEED it. You make money from people who don't NEED it.

16. newellj macrumors 601

Definitely put me into go-slow mode, quite possibly into v2 mode.

17. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

No, equally as many others across the forum it`s taken the edge off for sure. I am on a timeline and now need to rethink being wheels up 24th Apr. I will now wait on the real world reviews, possibly Skylake as will revert to my previous plans. Best Joke, I am an expat currently in China and the local site states;

预计发货时间: 3-4 周 or Expected delivery time: 3-4 weeks

All in all, a bad show by Apple, generating all the hype then dropping the ball like this is just BS really...

Q-6

18. NathanA macrumors 6502a

They pulled this same BS in a number of stores during the iMac 5K Retina release. I'm in the US Pacific Northwest, and I walked into the Spokane store a few days after the 5K iMac had already gone on sale, and not only did they not have any display models, they couldn't even tell me when they would be getting any in.

All I wanted to do was see one...I wasn't even looking to buy at that point.

-- Nathan

19. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Hear you there, has completely screwed up my plans. So will looking at another solution in the interim. With a realistic store release for many of mid May and talk of Microsoft`s Surface Pro 4 with Skylake coming as early as Q3.

By the time I return the MacBook will be far less attractive to me due to the above...

Q-6