Did the Apple Store damage my iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JGF0x, May 13, 2009.

1. JGF0x macrumors member

I bought a refurbished 24" iMac in October 2008 and the hard drive failed completely this past week. After I brought it in to the Apple Store for repair I picked it up today and noticed something odd. Right in the center of the screen, from the middle to the right end the screen is visibly darker. Visibly darker as in if you were to put a white screen up you could see a gray block on the center of the screen.

Is it possible that they rested the iMac screen on something that damaged the pixels? I'm going to absolutely loathe having to take this thing in for yet another repair, especially one due to their negligence.

Any advice?

2. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

This is probably of no help now but in the future...when you check an item into the AS for repair, make note on the repair order of any and all abnormalities or not. If there are no scuffs or scratches or the screen is fine, make sure it is noted on the repair order...that way if it comes back in any condition other than that, they can not state it was that way when you brought it in.