iPad mini Did the first-gen iPad mini have any glaring issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PDFierro, Oct 23, 2013.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Just curious. And no, I am not talking about the lack of Retina. For example, I ordered the new 2nd-gen rMBP and that had some screen/lag problems in the first-gen.

Did last year's iPad mini have any typical first-gen problems that people were waiting to be addressed in the 2nd-gen? I haven't heard of any, but then I also never paid attention to iPads much last year.

On second thought, I guess the scuffing on slate models would count as one.

2. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Can't recall ever seeing or hearing of any large scale issues, overall it seemed to be very well received by people. A lot of the innards were from the iPad 2 anyway, cutting down the potential for "first gen" issues you sometimes find with Apples new kit.

3. rovex macrumors 65816

Wifi on early models was poor, same with the iPhone 5.

Reckon they've sorted that out now

4. yegon macrumors 68020

Ignoring the shortcomings I knew about prior to purchase - old tech, low res, 512mb - one thing I don't like about the current mini is how spongy the screen feels. Doesn't feel as glass-like as my iPad 3 and feels somehow less premium, which it undoubtedly is. In all other physical regards though, it feels high quality and very well designed.

5. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Mine had a flickering screen issue in one small location, but it would mostly go away and I'd rarely notice it...Didn't even bother returning or exchanging the iPad.

6. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

No issues with mine. Still going strong and battery life is amazing.

7. Techwriter macrumors regular

Mine is working great as well. I haven't experienced a single issue and I've owned it since its release. The non-retina screen doesn't bother me, so I'll probably wait for next year's model as I would prefer to have Touch ID, and with luck, a 32GB base model.

I highly recommend it!