did the Incipio NGP break my phone's power button?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pcpshortbus, Feb 15, 2012.

1. pcpshortbus macrumors member

what's up guys, been a while since i've posted on here.

i bought myself an iphone 4 a few weeks ago off craigslist. the phone was working fine for about 2 weeks, then my power button started getting a little stuck. soon after that, it completely stopped clicking. now the power button is completely loose and i can hear it rattle when i shake the phone.

i have looked up this issue online and it seems like there are a good amount of people who have had this same issue. i am planning on fixing it, but i've got a question about the case i'm using- the incipio ngp.

is there any chance this case caused the issue with my power button? the power button began giving me problems a few days after i started using the case. i ask because i really like the way this case fits the phone but i wouldn't want to have the same hardware issue again after fixing the phone.

thanks in advance for any help!

2. b0blndsy macrumors 6502

Hi, it would be really hard to tell if the reason why the power button of your iPhone no longer functions because of your case. I guess the best way to find out what caused this problem is to have it checked. Hope that helps, and goodluck on your phone.:)

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I've been using this case everyday for months, I really don't think the case would messed up the power button. If your power button was on its way out, then it would have broke regardless of the case being on or not.