Did the JB for 4.3.2, stuck on one bar with no service, help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikeheenan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. mikeheenan macrumors 6502

I have the IP4, baseband 01.59.00, previously running 4.2.1, and jb'd via redsn0w last night, but I'm stuck with 1 bar and no phone service (I'm on ATT and don't require an unlock). Any help on what to do now would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Boosted1 macrumors newbie

Install this source, http://djayb6.com, from there install the ultrasnow fixer for 4.3.2. That should solve your one bar of service issue. Good luck.

3. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

4. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Be careful. It is possible, even likely, the fix you just installed breaks MMS and visual voicemail.

5. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm I was having trouble receiving texts from my google voice number in biteSMS, I'll have to do some additional testing to see if my real number has problems also.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

What the heck does ultrasn0w fixer do anyway?

7. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I was having the same problem; you're better off just upgrading to 4.3.2 and re-jailbreaking.

8. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you just update through Itunes and then rejailbreak? Is your baseband preserved or upgraded?

9. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

I think bite SMS is having problem on 4.3.2, not nessarry that the fix is causing it, btw did u have any problem with mms using that fix? I don't use vvm so I dont really care, as long as the signal is fix and mms works that all
    I'm looking for. Still on 4.2.1 but I'd like to update if these things are fix

10. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

I am having trouble receiving texts via bitesms, although it appears that the one I sent went through as my friend responded to it, but of course I had to check for the response in the google voice app. I'm still waiting to test my actual phone number with texting so I'll update on That soon.

11. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, MMS is definitely messed up... and receiving with biteSMS is messed up as well. Bummer. Not sure what to do now.

12. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

No, I used RedSn0w. iClarified has a great tutorial on how to do this.

Also, my baseband isn't preserved.

13. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

I followed Iclarified's guide... I downloaded the 4.3.2 ipsw file from a site linked on redmondpie, and then grabbed redsn0w, and followed the instructions.

14. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Is your signal strength fixed now?

15. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah it's fixed. But now there's minor issues with mms.

16. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Did u try to reset network setting n see if mms works

17. Killer-B, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

Killer-B macrumors newbie

Killer-B

This one is driving me nuts!

iPhone 3GS - Baseband 6.15 - iOS 4.3.2

Used Redsn0w and 4.3.2 ipsw - Was able to JB and load Cydia... and ultrasn0w...

Got the 'one bar' (T-Mobile) - no signal "searching" problem - Tried all the fixes - 3G off - Reboot/Reset Network - Remove SIM etc - Found the djayb6.com fix here and tried loading it - but gives me a bunch of red X's - basically won't load (too small and too hard to read error messages - but seems it's not recognizing something on the server) - ??

This then wipes out my Wi-Fi connection - so I basically end up rebuilding from scratch...

I've JB this 3GS several times, but never had probs like this before... Wish I'd stayed on 4.1 but the battery burn and not having GPS was wearing on me... so I did the deed :(

Any suggestions on how to fix the no signal/searching problem?

Cheers,

B

POSTMORTEM:

Okay - after reading around another few hours.... I saw someone say 'flash 6.15 again' - and tried that - to no avail - BUT what that did, was force me back into a fresh copy of Cydia and Ultrasn0w - and this time I loaded "Fixer" BEFORE ultran0w (thought it was an 'add-on' not a whole new crack!) think they'd note something like that - Anyway - Presto, my T-Mobile SIM fired, and just made a call - YEAH!!!! :)

Now, I have to reload my address book and see if MMS is working or not... Will update as that goes...

18. mikeheenan thread starter macrumors 6502

I did, and it does not work... and the network connection is so so, definitely worse than it was when I was on 4.2.1 but not too bad. I'm considering downgrading, but will probably wait a few weeks to see if they'll release a fix for this