Did the keyboard firmware update NOT work for anyone else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by afultz075, Feb 29, 2008.

1. afultz075 macrumors member

I was happy when i saw the keyboard update that would have hopefully fixed the terribly annoying issue of the MBP keyboard not recognizing the first keystroke. After using my computer for several days after the update I have found that it doesn't fix anything at all for me. Is this the case for anyone else?
    Is there any way for me to reinstall the update?

2. Animalk macrumors 6502

I have had one instance where it did not recognize my first character. But there has been a significant improvement in my case.

3. amoda macrumors 6502a

Mine didn't work...but for different reasons. Mine can't seem to get it self installed. I click install, it downloads, it installs says "I'm done!". But run software update 5mins later or a restart later and it says "New update! Download keyboard bla bla!" Don't really care enough to fight it so i've installed it like 50x now.

4. Littlehoof macrumors member

slight improvement - but not fixed.

My keyboard is behaving better since the update - the intermittency of it missing the first keystroke after a few moments of inactivity has changed from "often" before the patch to "uncommon" after the patch... they certainly still happen some of the time though so I'm fairly disappointed with this fix. I do hope Apple have not finished pursuing the situation - it needs further resolution.

I've had this happen with other patches before. check System Preferences>Softeware Update>Installed Updates and scroll down the list to the date you first tried to install the keyboard update. My bet is it will be in the list - mine ussually are when this has happened to me. If it is in the list then the next time software update prompts you to install this update just say no and it should stop prompting you anymore after that :)

5. gloves macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. The update hasn't fixed things 100% but has improved things - hopefully Apple do continue to pursue a complete fix to it. I wonder if the new Penryn MBPs have this issue?

6. cantman macrumors newbie

'm still having intermittent keyboard misses also.

7. writeous macrumors regular

It still happens for me every now and then, but not nearly as much as it used to so I guess Im happy.

8. aldog macrumors regular

About 2 weeks ago I was having major problems with what the keyboard firmware should fix but lately I haven't. So I'm not really having problems anymore but I get the software update everyday still. It's like it's not installing.

Anyone else ahving this problem?

9. Future Blues macrumors member

This seems to happen more often than it used to after the fix, but it could be that I just didn't notice it as much before. I don't know. In any case, it doesn't seem like the fix worked for me.

10. azhelkov macrumors member

It worked for me full five days! Then it started happened again and getting worse every day. How is it possible beyond me. Looks like Apple adjusted tolerance to something which causing 'ELP' but did not fix this 'something'. Overall I see improvement but it is unpredictable as weather in New England where I live.
    For guys who is seeing update popping up over and over again, look inside the Utility folder for Updater application and run it. You new keyboard firmware should read .18.

11. amok-san macrumors newbie

Exactly!

I don´t get it: If you login after startup, it often has a slight lag but it never misses keystrokes...
    Why doesn´t this work with typing urls, search windows etc.?
    When I search this forum for "keyboard firmware", it typed "eyboard firmware" :confused:

12. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

it's not as bad as it was, but it's definitely still there.

13. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Yeah, I still have the issue too, but it's better since the update.

It seems to be more of a software thing now, almost like keystrokes aren't being buffered properly when the CPU or disk is under full load.

14. elcid macrumors 6502

Didnt really fix mine on my MB. I still have the lag.

15. berdinkerdickle macrumors newbie

Still Have "Elp"

All updates applied and still have the "elp" issue here.