Did the MacBook Pros come with Adobe CS6 at one time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FuryRoad, Feb 11, 2018.

1. FuryRoad macrumors newbie

I've been looking at a lot of used MBPs on Craigslist and Letgo, and a lot of them have Adobe CS6, which I am interested in, but there's so many that have it I wondered if it came with the MBP at one time. I am concerned because most of them don't have a key with it, so I don't want stolen software. They aren't all the same person, so it makes me think it was loaded by Apple at one time.

2. keysofanxiety, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018

keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Nope, 100% they didn’t. There wasn’t even a Mac that came bundled with Apple’s Pro Apps (FCP, LP, Aperture).

It’s almost certain that any Mac you buy on Craigslist with CS6 is a pirated copy. It’s much too easy to pirate and install anyway. Anybody with a passing affiliation of the bay could install it without issue. Same goes for any Apple Pro App.

TL;DR: if you buy a Mac on Craigslist, pay for the hardware and not the pirated software.

3. FuryRoad thread starter macrumors newbie

There's some guy on there that will install anything for $40! I don't know how the police don't get him. This isn't for the Apple. He'll remote in and put it on anything.

4. bensisko macrumors 65816

Well, it's not necessarily pirated, it could be that they don't want/need the license to the stand-alone CS6 (especially if the person has since upgraded to the Creative Cloud).

if you're buying someone's old creative machine, it's entirely possible that you're getting their old software.