Did the Metal Bezel On Your iPhone 3G Come Scratched?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Aug 28, 2008.

?

Did the metal bezel on your iPhone 3G come scratched?

1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. No.

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  3. Yes, and there were other scratches on it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, but it came with other scratches.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

My first iPhone 3G (which I replaced in-store after I got it because of its' horrible build quality and screen) had a lot of scratches on the metal bezel and a few minor ones on the side of the metal. My second and current iPhone 3G came with two scratches and a nick in the metal. They were all there when I got it, and I haven't caused any at all in the last month and a half. The scratches that it came with sort of piss me off since I'm careful to not scratch it, but I got one of the better screens on this one. I've kept it so I don't risk getting a worse screen or other problems...

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My v1 iPhone developed scratches right off the bat, b/c I was using the silicone Marware rubbery thingy. It took just one use and it was done. Never use one of those ever again. I'm using a Griffin Leather Elan and still waiting for my Belkin Acrylic Clear for my 3G White iPhone, which has "0" scratches! Perfect right out of the box. Sorry to hear about your scratches...:(

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

metal scratches really easy, especially chrome. The smallest particle of dirt can scratch chrome. get some chrome pollish if its that big of a deal to you. Idk if mine came scratched or not but it is scratched now. Is the bezel even metal or chromed plastic?

4. vega07 macrumors 65816

mine didn't come scratched. probably because I didn't care to look..hahah.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You're right it scratches way too easily. I believe it is chromed bezel, just like the first iPhone.

6. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

yah but is it metal that is chromed or plastic, if its metal then you can most likely buff it out with a dremel and some compounds, Ive seen a bushed chrome iphone before where someone actually took a scotch pad to the chrome but it wasn't a 3G.

7. Foamer macrumors regular

I wanna know the same thing. His phone looked really good with the brushed metal look. I dont want to scuff it up if it is just chrome on plastic.