Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Recently I have not been able to make any Apple Pay purchases using my iPhone at all. The cards don't even show up. Manually selecting a card results in Hold Near Reader to pay and nothing happens.

It doesn't work on any store or vending machine I have tried it on.

The Apple Watch at the exact same location at the exact same register works just fine.

I've tried rebooting the phone as well as deleting the card and re-adding it.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Recently I have not been able to make any Apple Pay purchases using my iPhone at all. The cards don't even show up. Manually selecting a card results in Hold Near Reader to pay and nothing happens.

The Apple Watch at the exact same location at the exact same register works just fine.

There was Apple outage today, sign out -> sing in icloud on your phone, reboor after. Hope it helps.

PocketRocketGQ

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014

Do you have both WiFi and Bluetooth enabled?

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
If worse comes to worse, I'm going to give you the classic suggestion:

Restore your phone as new, try then. If it works, put your backup back on the phone and try again. If that breaks it again, your backup is screwed and you have to start from scratch if you want to use Apple Pay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.