Did the research, reveal?candyshell?Moshi?switcheasy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rembot, Aug 3, 2009.

1. rembot macrumors member

Im looking for opinions, i have been reading the forums for the past few days and i found some pretty good cases, but i cant decide since they all have flaws or something i dont like. Personnaly im looking for a case with minimum bulk and average protection/durability.

My top choices (no specific order) at this point are:
    griffin reveal http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=723848
    Speck- Candyshell black http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-3g/162
    Moshi-Black http://www.moshimonde.com/products2.asp?UPLF1=15&PDLS1=31
    switcheasy color http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Colors/Colors.php
    ultrathin http://cretouch.com/product_info.php/cPath/32_33/products_id/54

I would go with the griffin one right away if its wasnt for the durability issue. Its the best looking one IMO, since it feels like you dont have a case and iphone is pretty on its own. It doent have too much bulk either BUT apparently its really easy to scratch and so far most users have returned it or turn to an other case.

The candyshell, from what i heard, used to crack a lot, but their new design/case is now better. Im still unsure how good it is since there isnt a lot of reviews. I dont know about the bulk and durability of the case.

The moshi, looks like a candyshell spin off, dont know how good it is...

I also heard about this case, which got great reviews from a magazine... Not sure if anyone heard of it, or is using it? the switch easy color. It looks decent, not too much bulk, simple, and great protection.
    And after searching google i found a blog about this great NEW case... the ultrathin by cretouch. It looks amazing but again i dont know how good it really is...

What should I do, or what are your opinions/experience with thoses cases??

2. hushmartin macrumors 6502

I have the newest design of the Candyshell (pink/purple that is only available from Att) and I LOVE it. The color is...well, Its great but very girly which isn't really "me", but I like it fine.

As for the design, I really feel like my phone would hold up well in a drop with this case on. The case is rigid, yet still flexible. The "hard" outer shell isn't rock hard. It's very firm, rigid, yet flexible. It's kinda hard for me to describe I guess. I don't think this case will crack, but I imagine it will get scratched up over time, especially if you drop it on concrete.

The soft inner liner is pretty darn soft, seems like it would help absorb the shock of a fall. This is definitely the best case for protection I have personally ever seen for the iphone... excluding maybe those wallet style cases with the flip cover for the screen- but only because those seem like they would protect the screen more.

3. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

4. hsk macrumors regular

The Moshi is a thin, snap on case and the Candyshell is is much thicker (releative term) and adds more protection.

Switcheasy Rebel - great looing case but I have read too much about the drooping bottom.

Had a Reveal but did not like the fact that it was slick on the back, the back scratched WAY too easy and I did not like the watermarks. I took mine back.

I have a Feather now which I like, nice grip - minimal coverage, but I am thinking about a Candyshell for my next one.

5. rembot thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input, i appreciate it.

I've been looking at video reviews on youtube, and i have now come to a top3 case, and need to make my decision this week...
    now im looking for the best case between:
    Candyshell
    Incase slider
    switch easy colors

switch easy is a great deal for the price... 15$ and you get screen protectors, and it looks like a very good protection for the phone, but im afraid its a bit bulky and it takes away the beauty from the phone... while candyshell and the incase have a better balance between appearance, bulk and protection.

So ayone who used/bought those cases, please give me some feedbacks! :)

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I didn't like the switch easy colors case at all. It's very loose and it collects dust like you wouldn't believe. I doubt it would offer much protection. I am using a candyshell now ( and in fact I'm waiting on another in the mail in a new color) and I like it much better. It is very protective and because it's that smooth hard material, no dust collects.

7. rembot thread starter macrumors member

thanks,
    I havent heard much from the switcheasy, so its hard to have a good opinion of the case. Its hard to get an honest opinion of most case since, the reviews are always made a day or 2 after the purchase and therefore you dont know how reliable the product really is.

8. WayneR08 macrumors newbie

I have been using my Cretouch black leather grip case for a while. It's awesome case. I like its design and grip, durability, color, just about everything. I would also like to try their folder type illuzion case which is little more expensive than usual case. That certainly should be your choice if you are willing to go for premium case. Cretouch.com highly recommended.

9. yukong macrumors newbie

Well, I will say this. Purchased a Speck Candyshell Black on Sunday. Really liked it a lot from the beginning. On Tuesday, while on a trip to North Dakota, I took the Candyshell. I got out of the car on a gravel parking lot. Large gravel. I started to put the phone in my shirt pocket and just flat missed and the phone fell from my chest pocket to the gravel below. I figure it was close to 5 feet as I am 6'3". It hit hard, and bounced on the gravel. I stood there afraid to pick it up for what I would find. I picked up my phone and it was fine. Now the case has scratches and scuffs but my phone is fine. And it even on the final bounce landed on the face, but the lip of the case sits up just a bit and it kept the face from hitting any of the gravel. it was at that point I was sold.

Now I also have a Feather and love it, but when I am going to be out and about a lot I use the Candy. I will be getting another one when this one wears out.