Carrier Did the Verizon Sim Swap trick work for you?

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I was just looking for someone who used the Best Buy method to keep their unlimited data. (ordered a phone on their UDP line through Apple or best buy; destroyed the new SIM that came with the phone and used your old SIM in the new phone)

Slumpey

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Charlotte
I was just looking for someone who used the Best Buy method to keep their unlimited data. (ordered a phone on their UDP line through Apple or best buy; destroyed the new SIM that came with the phone and used your old SIM in the new phone)
how could you order a phone on the UDP line and not lose unlimited data. I figure if you werent paying full retail on the line wouldn't the options be to select a new data plan. Atleast this is with Verizon.

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
how could you order a phone on the UDP line and not lose unlimited data. I figure if you werent paying full retail on the line wouldn't the options be to select a new data plan. Atleast this is with Verizon.
Yeah, you can. But you can't activate the new SIM that comes with the phone. To my understanding, that's why I asked on here.

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Crossing my fingers this method work or I will be returning the phone

makncoop

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
So. Cal
I just did it and it worked!! New iP6 AND UDP !!! YAY

----------

the MOST IMPORTANT thing is NOT to turn your new device on until you've swapped the sim card. If you so much as turn the new phone on with the new sim card that comes installed, you've screwed yourself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.