Did they fix the Coverflow bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBHockey, Jun 10, 2009.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Well, I consider this a bug. If you are in a playlist on the iPhone and flip it into Coverflow mode, it doesn't just show you the album art for that playlist. It shows you the album art for your entire iTunes library. This is different from the behavior in iTunes on a Mac or PC.

Has this been fixed in 3.0?

2. randomusername macrumors 6502

It's not a bug. Cover Flow on the iPhone isn't to show what list you were viewing in Cover Flow. Cover Flow on the iPhone is just to show you all the albums you have on your phone in cover flow. Think of it as a different way of viewing the "Albums" part of the iPod.

3. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I'd like if there was at least the option to make it playlist specific. :)

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

i'd like it if the alubm cover would move the current song being played, when it switches to the next song

5. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Yea but this behavior is inconsistent with how iTunes does it. I don't think it makes sense for Coverflow to only be an alternate album view. Then it shouldn't be accessible from just tilting the device from anywhere. It really seems like they just overlooked this.

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The one thing that really annoys me with coverflow is that it's not available for videos. For some reason, I get really wound up by the fact that videos only play in landscape but you can only view them in portrait: It seems most Un-Apple like