Did they redesign the box for the beats wireless?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tymaster50, Mar 5, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I just got mine 2 days ago from Verizon and it doesn't have a picture of dre, nor the symbol on the headphones. Other than that they look pretty official, the box is big and it has the r next to the beat name on the box.

If you're gonna come in talking about how beats are overpriced save us all time and don't say anything at all. Nobody cares.

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Why don't you go ask at head-fi.org. They are a headphone specific forums. They would know more about this stuff than an Apple forum...

But I'll warn you those guys know their stuff including quality vs popularity, so you better have a thick spine discussing how much you love your Beats headphones. Just sayin'

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

As long as it looks legit that's all the other kids on the bus will care about.

4. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

if you're not an audiophile and even reasonably social then most likely you have beats or want some lol they sound good and look good. It made me actually like listening to music, before I was using the apple earpods and I barely used them

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Here is what the box should look like

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...K4nkOvmggOAN&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

The headphones themselves should have a b symbol on the cups. The problem with beats is not so much the price. It's the sound quality, or lack thereof, and the fact that much better headphones can be bought for the same cash, or less. But that's the power of marketing and uninformed consumers.

The Apple ear pods are horrible and should only be used by people that hate music.

6. waw74 macrumors 68030

so you don't care what they sound like, but as long as your friends think they look cool?
    if you're being social, and hanging out with people, why do you have your headphones on?
    shouldn't you be being social with your those people?

the apple earpods are notoriously bad. so saying something sounds better than them really isn't saying much.
    although at least the old style were much better for letting everyone else hear your music, i think they were actually louder for the people standing next to you than for the person actually wearing them. not quite sure how the new ones are in that respect.

7. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

But spending $300+ dollars for non-audiophile headphones is kind of ridiculous don't you think? And how social can you be listening to headphones?!?! I'm a very social person and no one I do social events with are wearing their headphones... If they were wearing headphones then they would be anti-social (kinda hard to carry on a conversation with headphones on isn't it?). It's kind of like the people who go grocery shopping with their iPods, I guess they just don't want to interact with the people around them.

8. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

By social, I think the OP means wearing it around your neck. Lets face it, I see more people wearing Beats around their necks or on their head but not on their ears as an accessory, so the audio quality or the lack of, is moot.

If you think a headphone makes you want to listen to music more because of how it looks and how it makes you look among your friends, then you really don't care or are completely clueless about the sound quality.

I think more people should read Giz's interview with the CEO of Monster (when they made the phones) about marketing and selling subpar (which he even admits) products at a premium.

The Beats might sound like crap for what they charge, but you have to admit, their marketing is genius which clearly works on the OP like attracting flies to crap.

I really can't imagine the replies the OP would get over at HeadFi.

9. Omnius macrumors 6502a

Lol i wear my earbuds when I specifically don't want to social. I can't imagine wearing ridiculously big headphones in public though. That's a "I'm locked in the law library and just want some music while I study uninterrupted for 9 hours" type look.

10. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

where else are they supposed to put their headphones when they're done? In their pocket? Like I said before beats are stylish and have a good sound if you're not an audophile, they're also comfortable. For a lot of teens in my area 200 is nothing, most of us have iPhones and netflix.

11. FuriousGreg macrumors member

I found these headphones bleed sound like crazy too. You can hear what someone is listing to several meters away like you were practically wearing them. The best part is that the guys wearing them think their all "cool" or whatever but the people around them just think their a d*uchebag...

12. Action macrumors member

90% of what you're paying for is marketing and the "b" on the cups. If your intent is to pay for marketing, not sound quality, go for it. Just be aware, you can get vastly better sound quality for a fraction of the price.

13. MacFan23 macrumors 6502

You'd think on a mac forum, people who are used to being bashed for using Apple products over cheaper, more capable alternatives, would be less quick to pick at someone's choice in headphones.

14. brentsg macrumors 68040

Apple products have a separate software and media ecosystem that provides value beyond mere performance stats. Beats headphones don't really have any redeeming features except marketing.

15. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

True.

Strangely I find on other forums the same toadies that love Beats hate Apple.