Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I just switched over to my 6S from a 6 now that I found a watch w the older software (unopened) and I am unable to save images in Safari. When I hold down I get no pop up to "save" or "copy" image. Please tell me this is a temporary glitch.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I just switched over to my 6S from a 6 now that I found a watch w the older software (unopened) and I am unable to save images in Safari. When I hold down I get no pop up to "save" or "copy" image. Please tell me this is a temporary glitch.
No.

You might have force touch settings too sensitive. Try barely resting your finger on the image.

A screenshot on my iPhone 7 running 10.3.1
IMG_8836.PNG

Last edited:

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Working with Google images after a search...

I've found that you need to Tap the image from the initial Images view, then deep force press the image so it appears by itself on screen. Then you can use the icon on the bottom of the Safari task bar (Square with an arrow pointing up and out)to Save Image to your camera roll.

I do it this way because I walk and use my phone a lot and have a problem keeping a constant pressure on screen to save images and delete apps.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
That is such a great feature IMO. There are so many times I just want to copy and paste the image for a message, email, 3rd party messaging service, etc and not save it too my phone. With force touch/3d touch/whatever makes it so quick and convenient.

Reactions: Jetcat3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.