Did tvOS 9.2.2 drop the app updates listing?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by squirrelist, Jul 20, 2016.

1. squirrelist macrumors regular

squirrelist

I used to periodically check the "Updates" section of the "Purchased Apps" tab in the App Store to see the list of updated apps and the change logs. But after updating to tvOS 9.2.2 that seems to be gone. Am I missing something? Did it get moved? Is it just me? Did Apple just give up because most of them just say "we frequently update our app to enhance your experience"?

It used to be on the "Purchased" tab's left column with "Recent Purchases", "Family Sharing", "Not on This Apple TV", and "All Apps". Now nothing.

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

You know, I noticed this the other day myself and thought I was imagining things. I couldn't find the Updated section either. I'm guessing it's a bug because it seems like a strange thing to leave out on purpose.

3. jdillings macrumors 65816

It disappeared for me too. It was very useful. Hopefully some of the Apple websites will make a stink about it so we can get it added back.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2016 ---
    Anyone who did not update to 9.2.2, can you confirm you still have the Updates section under Purchased Apps?

4. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

5. tallPete macrumors newbie

There was a "Recently Updated" section - however it has gone missing with the recent tvOS update. It was pretty buggy though, it would reset to containing all the apps installed on your device after every tvOS update. Now it has just been removed. Maybe it will reappear after an app actually updates, it has been too soon since the recent tvOS update to actually find out.

6. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

No at least one of my Apps updated and there was no recently updated in the app store

7. BuffaloTF macrumors 6502a

I hadn't done my update yet -- so yes, it was there, now it's gone.

8. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

I looked at that section all the time to see the update log :(

9. squirrelist thread starter macrumors regular

squirrelist

A couple of weeks ago I updated to tvOS 10. The updates section was still missing. Just today I looked again and it seems to be back with updates going back to the 29th. Not sure if it's just tvOS 10 or if 9 has the feature restored too..

10. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

tvOS adds a blue dot next to newly updated apps instead. Not as useful because you can read the change log but it is more visible right from the home screen which apps have been updated.

The updated apps list is still not in iOS 10 so the feature appears to be dead.

11. jdillings macrumors 65816

I just got the Recently Updated section back. I checked after I did the tvOS 10 update but it still wasn't there. But I just checked now, almost 2 hours after I updated, and it's back!

12. JJW86 macrumors newbie

13. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

Its back, wait for one of your Apps to update then it will reappear

14. JJW86 macrumors newbie

You're right, it just appeared after some updates.

15. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

woohoo!! i feel weird that this makes me that happy :confused: